Go to top
Interim Management is the fast delivery of experienced ‘hands on’ manager for a defined period of time to implement change, fill unexpected gaps, restructure the organization, turn around under-performing projects or departments, deliver outcomes or a critical project.
There are several factors that make the interim management offering increasingly popular and cost-effective to our clients.
- We can be in place within days, which is essential when time constraints are paramount. Being practiced in engaging promptly with the situation, we become effective quickly upon joining a client organization. Because of our experience and expertise, we also conduct and complete assignments effectively and with due speed.
- We typically operate at a senior level in the client organization. We often bring skills and knowledge not otherwise in place, to address a specific skill gaps or problems. Our experience and expertise enables us to be productive and make a noticeable impact from the outset, maximizing the likelihood of success.
- Unencumbered by company politics or culture, we provide a fresh perspective and are able to concentrate on what's best for the business. Being independent, we are able to contribute honestly without constituting a threat to the incumbent management team. Not being part of a larger business we are not pressured to unnecessarily extend our assignment.
- Rather than taking on a purely advisory role, we are managers responsible managing a particular business or project.
- Operating at or near board-level gives us the authority and credibility to effect significant change or transition within a company. Unlike a ‘temp’, we are not just there to ‘hold the fort’. We actively add value to the client organization as a result of our expertise and approach, even when the work and the decisions to be made are difficult.
- We add value by using our skills and expertise to help deliver an outcome, solution, service or mitigate risk that provides a meaningful ‘return on investment’ to a client. We are paid on the understanding of goals and objectives being performed and delivered, and not simply on the basis of attendance.
- We maintain high professional standards because our future work relies upon referrals and a successful track record. We therefore have a stake in the success of the assignments that we undertake. This contrasts favorably with other ‘temporary workers’ who may also be seeking "permanent employment" or simply motivated by a day rate or extending their tenure.